Quill Camp is an extended orientation experience for incoming students that brings together new and current students to help jumpstart the college experience in a fun summertime setting designed to support students in the transition to their new home by developing a diverse social network and strengthening their ties to the Mason Nation. Each program offers its own unique flavor and focus. All programs utilize experienced student leaders to serve as mentors to new Patriots. Over five days and four nights, new students along with other incoming students and student leaders learn more about Mason, its traditions, and their new GMU family. At Quill Camp, you will:
- Discover lifelong friends, connections and mentors
- Learn about yourself and how you can make the most of your time at Mason
- Connect with faculty/staff and community members who will help you make your goals a reality
- Receive an immersive introduction to the variety of experiences that the Fairfax and greater DC area have to offer
- Get acquainted with campus life and the Mason community before classes to ensure a successful year.